Last Revised: May 14, 2017
Cnoga Medical Ltd. and its affiliates (“Cnoga“, “Company“, “we” or “us“) respect the privacy of the users (“User(s)” or “you”) of its “Singular” mobile application and web-application for the retrieval of information collected from your Patients via our Devices (collectively, the “App“). We are committed to protect the information you submit through our Services. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you use our App and/or Services.
1. Your Consent (important, please read carefully!)
2. Patient’s Consent and Your Compliance with Privacy and Health-Related-Information Laws
You are solely and exclusively responsible for all your communications and interactions with the Patients, and you understand that certain laws may impose obligations with regards to personal health information including the Readings.
BY USING THE APP, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU CAN UPLOAD, RECEIVE, STORE AND PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION (AS DEFINED BELOW), INCLUDING PATIENT’S READINGS (WHERE APPLICABLE), IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND THAT YOU RECEIVED FROM THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING PATIENTS, ALL NECESSARY CONSENTS FOR THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF SUCH DATA BY CNOGA. WE WILL NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY IN THIS RESPECT.
HOWEVER, NOTE THAT TO THE EXTENT THAT USE OF APP IS MADE FOR THE PURPOSE OF VIEWING READINGS RESULTING FROM HOME MEASUREMENTS, THE PATIENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO GRANT, INDEPENDENTLY, HIS/HER CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF DATA BY CNOGA AND YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN SUCH CONSENT.
3. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is un-identified and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information“). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User installs the App and when he/she uses the App. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, browser type, the type of the User’s mobile device and its operating system and version, device language, device storage, screen resolution and other modes (e.g. vibration mode, Bluetooth), User’s ‘click-stream’ in the App, time spent on various screens of the App, date and time stamps, Internet connectivity, etc.
- The second type of information is personally identifiable information, namely information that identifies, or may with reasonable effort identify an individual, or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature (“Personal Information“):
· Users of the App automatically provide their mobile device ID, or in connection with the use of computers, the IP address (or Mac Address, as applicable) mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below.
· We collect data that is transmitted from the Device to our servers via the App, including Readings, as well as information which is derived from analysis of such information.
· We collect the communications made using the App, including any correspondences with Patients and any file uploaded via the App.
· In order to create an Account, you will be are required to provide the following details: email address, password, full name, gender, date of birth, specialty, medical license number, telephone, country, city and street name. In addition, you may also provide, at you sole discretion, additional details such as home number details, phone number, your photo, etc.
· The App makes specific access requests to use the camera on your device in order to take pictures as part of the blood measurements.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
4. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users and/or their Patients?
There are a few methods that we use:
- We collect information through your entry, connection, installation, access and/or use of the App. In other words, when you are using the Service we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage.
- We collect information which you may, at your discretion, provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register and open an Account.
- We collect medical information that is transmitted from the Device(s) to our servers and any communications made using the App. We make no use of the Patient’s medical Personal Information other than storing it in connection with the provision of the Services and the purposes set forth below. We may, however, anonymize Personal Information we collect and use it for the purposes stated below with respect to Non-Personal-Information and share such anonymized information with third parties in an aggregated manner which will not enable such third parties to deduct any Personal Information about a particular User.
5. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
We collect Non-personal Information and Personal Information in order to provide the Services.
We collect Non-personal Information in order to:
- Use it for statistical purposes and for customization and improvement of our Service.
- Provide and improve the Service for our commercial purposes.
- Improve the quality of the Service by formulating, customizing and enhancing the User’s experience.
- Engage with third parties for commercial purposes.
We collect Personal Information in order to:
- Supply you with the Services.
- Allow you to export such information for your own health related, internal or business purposes.
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs into the Services.
- Allow us to contact Users with proposals and tailored information regarding new products, events, offers, services, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, and events of interest etc.
- Allow Patients or other third parties that may authorized by you to communicate with you.
- Send push notifications to the User’s device.
- Determine geo-location information from which the User’s mobile device or computer is connected to the Internet in order to render the Services, for statistical purposes as well as in order to safeguard our Services.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support.
6. Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Cnoga may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information, including anonymized aggregated information as described above, to third parties at its sole discretion and without restriction.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
8. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to update or modify the Personal Information you may do so via the App. If you wish to remove your Account, you may do so by sending us an e-mail request to email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to do so pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
We may retain and use your Personal Information for a reasonable time after termination as necessary to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations (including as required by applicable law), to resolve disputes and/or to enforce our TOU, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws. Aggregated and/or anonymous data derived from your Account may remain on our servers indefinitely. Cnoga cannot ensure that third parties to which you chose to transfer Personal Information deleted it and cannot monitor their use of such information.
Please note: Cancelling your Account may cause inability to access your Account and/or the loss of certain information (including, without limitation, the Readings and/or any other Personal Information). You will have a thirty (30) day period from the cancellation date to copy or extract any information which was uploaded by you to our Services. We do not and will not accept any liability for information loss which occurs after this thirty (30) day period.
9. Third Party Software/Service
In order to provide you with the Services via the App, we may use third party service providers who may collect, store and/or process the information detailed herein, such as Google Analytics and Microsoft Azure, which respective privacy policies can be found at:
10. International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
11. Cookies & Local Storage
13. Got any Questions?